Whether you’re buying or selling a property, or have encountered a persistent problem condition, the objective opinion and expert advice of a professional home inspector will help you understand the condition of the property so you can confidently make the best decision for your needs and requirements.
Since 1995 we’ve inspected thousands of properties from the smallest condos to multi-million dollar luxury homes, and everything in between. We love what we do and take pride in helping people make informed and intelligent decisions about their real estate transactions.
HOUSES, CONDOMINIUMS, TOWNHOMES
Our Residential Inspection Services include:
THE QHI PROCESS
Before we start an inspection, we review our QHI data base to consider:
- Our knowledge of the geographical area you are looking in
- If and when we’ve inspected this property previously
Our home inspectors typically arrive 10-15 minutes ahead of the scheduled inspection time, ensuring that your inspection is completed in a timely manner
Scope of Home Inspection: Inspection Checklist
- Lot grading and drainage
- Garage and carport
- Exterior walls, windows and doors
- Porches, decks and handrails
- Roofing, gutters, chimneys and skylights
- Attic ventilation and insulation
- Interior walls, ceilings and floors
- Kitchen and bathrooms
- Basement and crawl space
- Foundation and structure
- Heating system and fireplaces
- Electrical system
- Plumbing system
- Comparison to similar homes — a summary
- Maintenance and repair recommendations
- Swimming pools and spas*
*Additional charges will apply
Note: Our home inspections are limited by:
- what is visible and does not involve destructive testing
- the time the inspector is onsite
- the conditions that exist at the time of the inspection
As proud members of the Home Inspectors Association British Columbia, our inspections meet or exceed the Association’s HIABC Scope of Inspection 2017.
Our comprehensive report is emailed to you immediately following the inspection, meaning no delays for you. The report contains ratings and detailed information on all inspected items and also identifies areas that were inaccessible or not present. Digital photographs with areas of concern are marked for easy viewing, and items in need of repair or replacement are highlighted. A Global Rating provides a comparison to properties of similar age and style and a Summary at the end draws attention to the most significant findings.
The inspector is looking for the major items that may influence your buying, selling and/or maintenance decisions. He reports on any safety issues and prioritizes items in need of attention or further investigation.
Any building problem can be fixed; it all depends on your time, resources, and interest in doing so. Our job is to present the home health of the property to you objectively and in as much detail as possible so that you can make the best buying, selling or repair decisions for your needs and purposes. What we don’t do is ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ a property.
An essential part of the QHI Process is the verbal discussion which takes place onsite during the last 30-45 minutes of the scheduled inspection. We discuss our findings and answer all your questions at this time. This exchange helps to clarify the findings so you can develop a solid understanding of the property’s condition.
Free Follow-up Consultation
We are available for additional consultation for as long as you own your home. You are welcome to contact us with building-related questions at any time.
- Inspection bookings and inquiries 7 days a week.
- Fast and flexible scheduling — inspections within 1-2 days of your call.
- Specialized tools and equipment for problem investigation.
- Digital photo documentation of problem conditions or hard-to-access areas can enhance and clarify the inspection report.
- Background in residential construction ensures thorough knowledge of how home systems function and what is involved to bring them up to modern standards.
- Provide ballpark estimates for repairs and modifications.
- Comprehensive written report is prepared promptly and conveniently onsite.
- Onsite verbal report clarifies findings and answers your questions.
- Customer focused. We welcome your participation during the inspection and look forward to answering all your questions during the wrap-up at the end. If you are unable to attend, we’ll follow up by phone to address your questions and concerns.
- Our free follow-up consultation service invites you to call us with your maintenance, repair, and remodeling questions for as long as you own your home.
- Access to our in-house Library, featuring informative articles, tips, and Q&A. Go to our Home Inspectors Blog for current articles.
WE’RE ON YOUR SIDE … FROM START TO FINISH!
Contact Us to book a house inspection, condo inspection or townhome inspection in Vancouver or throughout the Lower Mainland today. We also offer commercial inspection services for a variety of purposes including: pre-purchase inspections, pre-listing / pre-sale inspections, pre and post-lease inspections and limited or problem investigation.